Noninvasive massage of the upper and lower abdomen, low back and tailbone; which supports optimal function of the organs, and the body's natural healing capacity. ATMAT is based on traditional ancient Maya medicine.
Fertility and menopause, digestive challenges, dysmenorrhea, fibroids, cysts, back pain, varicose veins, and prostrate health ... and more. (See below.)
Initial ATMAT Consultation $170
ATMAT Follow up session $135
· Individual anatomy and physiology
· Spiritual and emotional healing
The Arvigo Technique of Maya Abdominal Therapy® is based on 30 years and more of research into massage, healing, and herbology by Dr. Rosita Arvigo. Dr. Arvigo studied under the great Maya Shaman of Belize, Don Elijio Panti and alongside Hortence Robinson, midwife from Belize with 60 years' experience.
ATMAT is noninvasive massage of the upper and lower abdomen, low back and tailbone; which supports optimal function of the organs, and the body's natural healing capacity. It is based on traditional ancient Maya medicine. It's most well- known for addressing optimal uterine position and widely known to support fertility and menopause, digestive challenges, dysmenorrhea, fibroids, cysts, back pain, varicose veins, and prostrate health to name a few, as well as overall well-being.
ATMAT® focuses on homeostasis, internal balance, and hemodynamics, dynamic blood circulation. When we are in homeostasis, our bodies adapt more readily to fluctuating conditions.
Hemodynamics allows the dynamic flow of fluids in the system like blood and lymph to circulate, and ATMAT helps by allow once stagnant fluid to move freely, bringing in new life. Our blood literally transports new nourishing oxygen to feed the cells and releases debris from the body.
With ATMAT, we work with the five channels of flow -- arteries, veins, nerves, lymphatics, and chi -- to maintain harmony of communication and continual integration.
ATMAT addresses the health and position of the pelvic and abdominal organs. This work is widely recognized for:
· Correction of a fallen, tilted or prolapsed uterus
· Prevention and treatment of benign prostate enlargement
· Relief of many common digestive disorders
· Numb feet
· Ovarian cysts
· Painful intercourse
· Postpartum healing, vaginal and c-section births
· Prolapsed or tilted uterus
· Prostate swelling and inflammation
· Radiant Skin
· Scar tissue/adhesions from abdominal surgeries
· Sore heels
· Tired legs
· Uterine infections
· Uterine Polyps
· Varicose Veins/Hemorrhoids
· Dark, thick or brown blood at beginning and/or end of menstruation
· Difficult menopause
· Difficult pregnancy and delivery
· Digestive disorders
· Enhances mood
· Feng Shui for the pelvic bowl
· Frequent urination
· Headaches/Dizziness with menstruation
· Hormonal imbalances
· Fertility Challenges and Pregnancy Readiness
· Lack of menstruation (Amenorrhea)
· Lower back aches
· Painful menstruation (Dysmenorrhea)
If any of the following applies, we will need to modify your treatment. Please contact me directly in addition to filling out the ATMAT Intake Form.
· Active menstruation. It’s optimal to receive ATMAT® when you are NOT on your moon (menses). Anytime up to 3-5 days prior to menses is ideal for receiving the Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy®. It is still possible and acceptable to perform upper abdominal, sacrum, and coccyx work when one is menstruating, but massage cannot be given directly over the uterus at that time.
· Recent abdominal surgery
· Infection or cancer in the pelvic area
· First trimester (19 weeks) of pregnancy (modification of ATMAT® is acceptable)
· Hiatal hernia (gentle massage required)
· Active and acute infection
· Abdominal aneurysm
· Diastasis rectus
· Pessary for uterine prolapse (remove prior to your session)
· Any serious health condition
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
I'm a proud member of the LGBTQ+ community.
I hold space, welcome and honor identities of all.
Handmade, wild foraged and garden-cultivated products made with love and intention for all